Oregon Firearm Rights

As a citizen of the United States and as a resident of Oregon you are entitled to own and possess firearms. I specialize in several areas of a firearm rights. If you are a felon and you wish to get your right to possess a firearm restored then you should contact me for a free consultation. If you have attempted to obtain your concealed-carry permit and have been denied then you should contact me as well.


Under Oregon law, if you have been convicted of a felony in any state, then it is unlawful for you to possess a firearm. Not only have you lost your right to own a firearm, but you can also be charged with the crime of Felon in Possession of a firearm. You could even be sent to prison for possessing a firearm. Do not let this happen to you.

Under ORS 166.274 you may be able to fully restore your right to own, possess, and use a firearm. In order to do this you need to file a petition with the court asking the judge to reinstate this right. You will then have to prove to the judge that you have complied with all of the terms of your sentence (completed probation, paid your fees, etc…) and that you are not a danger to yourself or the community.

Keep in mind that the prosecutor or the sheriff or the chief of police can come to your hearing and object to this right being restored. The ultimate decision will be up to the judge. It will be a tremendous advantage if you have a lawyer on your side to fight for you. Contact me for a free consultation and I will tell you how much it will cost and what I think your chances of winning are.